The Allied Museum’s permanent exhibition
In July 1945, two months after the end of World War II, women, children, and old men stand amidst the ruins of Berlin, watching the British occupying troops march into the city. This memorable photo is on display at the beginning of our permanent exhibition.
The final chapter of the history of the Western powers in Berlin comes 50 years later. In September 1994, Berlin’s population bids farewell to the Americans, British, and French at a troop parade on Straße des 17. Juni. A photo of this event closes the permanent exhibition.
In the years 1945 to 1994, the Western Allies put their stamp on political and military events as well as everyday life in Berlin. The Allied Museum explores important chapters of this history.
The permanent exhibition “How Enemies Became Friends” is composed of two parts displayed in a historic setting: the Outpost Theater and the Nicholson Memorial Library.
We display our largest objects, including a British Airlift plane, on the Museum grounds between these two buildings.
At least once a year, the Allied Museum mounts a temporary exhibition devoted to an especially interesting aspect of the history of the Western powers.
The texts in our exhibitions as well as the accompanying publications are almost always trilingual in German, English, and French.
Admission to our exhibitions is free of charge.